Ditch Your Mouse — Keyboard Shortcuts Are Here
One of the best practices while doing development is to reduce the number clicks in achieving the requirement. It improves user experience and maximize the efficiency.
Salesforce has provided keyboard shortcuts in Lightning Experience to maximize your efficiency and speed while working in Lightning Experience. There are some shortcuts to Edit, Save, Close a record and etc – all without touching a mouse.
To view the available keyboard shortcuts, press:
- Windows: Ctrl+/
- mac OS: Cmd+/
We can’t customize keyboard shortcuts.
Keyboard shortcuts are not case sensitive. For example, Ctrl+B is the same as Ctrl+b. If Ctrl, Alt, or Shift is part of the shortcut, the sequence of the keys doesn’t matter. For example, Ctrl+Alt+A is the same as Alt+Ctrl+A.
By default, keyboard shortcuts work in all Lightning apps. This change applies to Lightning Experience only.
Of course, this is available only in Summer 17 upgrade. So, you can only verify in Summer 17 sandbox for now.
For more details, please check below resources.
About The contributor:
Name: Brahmaji Tammana
Email: [email protected]
Post By Brahmaji :
- Spring 18 Lightning Components Features/Enhancement/Critical Updates – Highlights
- How To Detect a Device In Salesforce Lightning Component ?
- Powerful Lightning Datatable base component – Example Using Fieldset
- How to use design resource in Lightning Component ?
- Use Lightning Data Service – No To Apex Controller In Lightning Components
- Override Standard Buttons With Lightning Component – Lightning Experience
- Custom Record Type Selection Lightning Component with force:createRecord event
- How to Add Lightning Component as a Quick Action in Salesforce
- How to use SVG in Salesforce Lightning Component ?
- Work Fast With Keyboard Shortcuts in Salesforce Lightning Experience