Previous : Lesson 0 – Audience And Prerequisites.
What is Lightning Component in Salesforce ?
- The Lightning Component framework is a UI framework for developing dynamic web apps for mobile and desktop devices.
- Modern framework for building single-page applications with dynamic, responsive user interfaces for Salesforce.com apps.
- Components are the self-contained and reusable units of an app.
- The framework supports partitioned multi-tier component development that bridges the client and server.
- It’s comes with some exciting tools for developers.
- Is ideal for use with the Salesforce1 mobile app and Salesforce Lightning Experience.
Why We are use the Lightning Component ?
- Comes with an out-of-the-box set of components
- Comes with Rich component ecosystem.
- Better Performance and Faster development.
- Event-driven architecture for better decoupling between components.
- Responsive design and cross browser compatibility.
Reference : Why We are use the Lightning Components.
Where we can use lightning components ?
We can use components in many different contexts. Like –
- Lightning Experience and Salesforce1 App
- Lightning Pages
- Community Builder
- Lightning Apps
- In Visualforce Pages
- Any App with Lightning Out (Beta).
- To create stand-alone apps that are hosted on Salesforce.
Reference : Using Components
See Also : Lightning FAQ [Frequently asked questions]
Next : Lesson 2 – Before You Start.