Prerequisites : basic understanding of Lightning Component
In this post we can see how to play video file in lightning component by using HTML5. there are 3 supported video formats: MP4, WebM, and Ogg.
The browser support for the different formats is:
step 1 : Add Video file in static resources.
Keep in mind that we can upload video file up to 5MB in static resource.
- From Setup, enter static recourse in the Quick Find box, then select Static Resources.
- Click New.
- In the Name text box, enter the text that should be used to identify the resource in lightning component.
- Next to the File text box, click Browse to navigate to a local copy of the video file that you want to upload.
- Set the Cache Control : public
- Click Save.
step 2 : Create salesforce lightning component
Component code [sample.cmp] .
<video width="640" height="480" controls="controls">
<source src="/resource/fileName" type="video/mp4" />
- Source tag Defines media resources for video element .
- Controls attribute : it specifies that video controls should be displayed. like Play,Pause,Seeking,Volume and more…
Cheers! Like our facebook page for new post updates.?